May 23, 2012

The Dark Lake by Anthea Carson

When I started reading this book I thought it was a stand alone but after seeing the other reviews I found out it's part of a trilogy. Thank God, cause I was expecting everything to be resolved in the end but I was left a little bit confused. I guess I will jus thave to wait for the next book.

The Dark Lake is the story of Jane. We follow her through her crazy life, from therapy appointments to anger managment meetings and back home with her parents. She is struggling to get and keep a job, wishing that in the end she will be able to move out, all the while haunted by the memories of her past and a night she can't really remember.

This book was very different from what you usually can find out there. Jane's mind is a huge labirinth. You never know where you are going to end up next. During her everyday life a lot of memories from her past flash before her eyes, she can't really seperate her dreams from reality and has a few hallucinations too. I especially loved the memories. I had so many theories as to what happened that night and what is going on right now. Unfortunatelly I was expecting a big bang at the end that never came and then I learned that the book is part of a series. I can't wait to finally figure out what is going on with Jane and see if any of my theories are correct.

★★★★☆

book 25

1 comment:

  1. Darn it! I hate that it doesn't wrap up and give that big bang ending, dispappointing. On the other hand this sounds like a different and intriguing read. Thanks for sharing, Veronica :)

    ReplyDelete