Mar 6, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday #2

This is a weekly meme hosted by Cambria @ CambriaHebert.com. Each week there is a different question to be answered.

This week's tell me something:

Do you usually like the book better than the movie or the movie better than the book? What is your favorite book to movie adaptation you have ever seen?

My answer:

Ok, this is a hard one for me cause I haven't read so many books that turned into a movie and if I watch a movie I probably won't read the book later. It sucks knowing what's going to happen in a book. But from the few examples I have, I am a firm believer that books are better than movies. 

Take for example Harry Potter.
All the Potter books were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the movies. Although I did love the choice of characters and Hogwarts the story missed a lot of things that the book had.

The only movie that I actually thought was better than the books was Eragon.

But I don't really like the book, so it was only normal that the movie would be better. Having Garrett Hedlund playing Murtagh helped a lot too, since I adore him.
So, I don't really have a fav book to movie adaption but I am all for books being better than their movies.

5 comments:

  1. Yep, totally agree about the Harry Potter movies, they just couldn't quite compare to the magic of the books. The movies almost always disappoint me. I liked the book Eragon, but the movie must not have made much of an impression cause I am not even recognizing that hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree as well with the H.P. books being better than the movies (which I still loved though!). They left out soooo much!
    I agree too that the characters they picked were perfect though, every single one of them were great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I have never watched the Potter movies but I would think it would be hard to make a movie live up to that book. lol.

    I haven't seen eragon.... maybe i will check it out. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with the Potter movies! Books=so much better. But I adore the Harry Potter cast xD They are so right for the characters they play! I haven't seen Eragon... my friend didn't like the movie. Maybe I'll give it a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! I love your answer, I haven't really watched Eragon though and have no intention to buy the books. However Harry Potter books were epic, the movies were too, but probably not as good as the books:D

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete