Mar 20, 2012

Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1) by H.D. Gordon

I am writing this for the second time cause it got erased by accident so forgive any rush mistakes.

Alexa is living her normal life not knowing who or what she really is, as normal as you can considered bearing bruises from training with your mother and running miles everyday just to go to school. One day her home is attacked by some vampire looking creatures and leaving their mother behind, she and her sister -Nelly- escaped to the woods. All with the help of her best and only friend Jackson. Alexa finds out that her sister is a kind of a vampire and Jackson a werewolve, while she herself is a Warrior, a race long lost. All three of them end up in a secret city full of vampires and werewolves and so their story begins.

I found the beginning of this book to be the best part of it. I really enjoyed Alexa, being all headstrong and powerfull, protecting her sister and actually having some weak moments. Still, I found that she became way to stubborn and couldn't see the obvious by the end of the book, she would also snap on her sister with no apparent reason. The one person that I truly loved was her sister, Nelly, she was so sweet, caring, always helping everyone and had her wise moments. From Alexa's two love interests I am team Jackson all the way. He was so funny, sweet and had green eyes, need I say more? I am not a bug fan of people that are "mend to be together" that's why I am not, and never will be, a big fan of Kayden -Alexa's other love interest. Unfortunately is pretty obvious who she will end up with. Also by the end of the book I felt that the story was a little bit all over the place but before it could bug me the book was over.

I am definitely reading the next one, as I am dying to know what will happen.

★★  

book 14             book 10             book 6

3 comments:

  1. Well, It sounds like this started out with a lot of promise but flickers at the end. Was there a love triangle? What is it lately with all the guys having green eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, there was a love triangle. I love guys with green eyes. I don't thing there are enough out there, so I always am happy to see that there are plenty in books.

      Delete
  2. I actually purchased this book a month or so ago because I had heard so many good reviews on it. I am glad you liked it too even if it sounds like the ending wasn't so great.

    I think I will give it a chance.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete