Mar 5, 2012

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey

Eloise Hart is living her normal life unaware that there is a whole Fae Kingdom looking for her. But after she meets a weird guy that seems like he stepped out of a medieval movie, strange things start to happen. All the while her best friend, Jo, meets her dream guy, he is everything she ever hoped for but a little bit too mysterious. After an attack Eloise gets captured by the Fae and she is their new prisoner. While trying to escape she will learn that her family has more secrets than she ever imagined and her weird aunt may be more than she looks like.

Stolen Away is the first book of Alyxandra Harvey I read and I have to admit I love her writing and humour. This book had me laughing most of the time. I loved Eloise and Jo, they are both really head strong and funny characters. I also adored the Fae world, so beautiful. And although I really enjoyed reading this book there was a big problem in the story. The two couples. Eloise and Lucas, Jo and Eldric. None of their stories was very convinsign for a true love story. Everything happened so fast. Jo was already in love with Eldric after 3 days and I simply couldn't see why. Conserning Eloise and Lucas, their love story was just bleh...it didn't give much of a feeling away. No sparks, not much chemistry or anything else I wanted to see.

Still just by the writing and humour, now I have to read Harvey's Drake series. I heard their are better than this one.
★★★☆

book 11             book 7

1 comment:

  1. Stolen Away just had to much going on and it all happened in such a short amount of time.
    I agree with you the couples were off. I liked the Drake Chronicles much better.

    ReplyDelete