Mar 23, 2012

Straight to Hell (Lilith Straight, #1) by Michelle Scott

Straight to Hell was a great surpise.

When I first received this book for review I wasn't sure if it'd be my kind of thing, I don't usually read books about 30-something women, but let me tell you I am really glad I got it. This book was amazing and hilarious. I fell in love with Lilith who was just like a real life person. Struggling with her life and trying to stay in the right path. But let's start with what this book is about.

Lilith Straight used to have everything, a loving, rich husband, a huge house, an adorable daughter, and everything money could buy until the day she got divorced and her life started falling apart. Her 23 year-old sister moved in with her, her ex-husband's sister dropped her troubled daughter in her doorstep, her house caugh fire, money was hard to come by and on top of everything else, she died. Lilith then learned a secret about the women in her line, they were all succubus, seducing demons working for hell, who could work their way around anything. She tests her new power to get new clothes and a new washing machine, make her ex do what she wants and a lot more, but not everything is great. Her new boss is determined to have Lilith use her powers for evil and her new co-worker is one hell of a hot incubus.

As I said before this books was a great surprise. I adore Lilith, she fights so hard to not use her new powers for evil and to stay as good as she was before everything changed. She is a very believable person, she reacts the same way anyone would if they were in her shoes. All the characters in the book are so different and well developed that I could actually picture then perfect and expect their reactions, the author made a great work to help us understand them. The story it is a great balance of serious and hilarious moments, just like real life. Really well done. Finally, I am very curious as to what will happen next, I can't wait for the next one.

★★  

book 15             book 7

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Will definitely add this to my tbr pile. Thanks!

    Danielle
    http://knowntoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete