Sep 27, 2015

Showcase Sunday #53 - September 2015 Weeks #2,3,4



Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.
~Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea

Hello guys! It's been a while since I posted a book haul and as you will soon find out it was not for lack of books but mainly due to lack of time. Still I managed to get quite a few new books these past few weeks, mainly manga, since I was in a huge manga mood. So here are all my new loves.


Where to begin? See? I got so many books. Well, I've already read all the manga and loved them all. Doubt and Judge are complete series from a new (for me) artist so I was extra excited to read them. They are horror and really amazing, sick stuff. Other horror reads in this haul are Trapped and Endurance, I loved Kilborn's other book, Afraid, so I am looking forward to more scares. 

I finally got a copy of Good Omens, and a beautiful one at that, I've heard some amazing things about this book and I read a few pages in the Underground and all I can say so far is that the hype is real. Also read The Other Life, really good post apocalyptic book and I am currently buddy reading A Question of Proof with Vicky from Books Biscuits and Tea. I also bought another book By James Dawson, Under My Skin, I love his books so far. 

And finally, the one book that I am most excited to finally own is Midkemia: The Chronicles of Pug by Raymond E. Feist. Feist's Riftwar Cycle (30+ books) was the first Epic Fantasy series I've read so I am emotionally attached to it and this is a beautiful book for all fans of Midkemia.

3 comments:

  1. I got Good Omens this week as well! I wish my copy was as gorgeous as yours! All those books look so amazing! Hope you enjoy them all.
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/sunday-post-27th-september-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo horror and sick stuff ... now you're talking my language. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love horror so much. And with Halloween getting closer and closer I can't get enough of it. If you like horror series, you should watch Harper's Island, if you haven't yet.

      Delete