Feb 19, 2012

The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers

A new exciting thriller that will leave you thinking about it for a long time after you are finished reading it.

The Vanishing Game leads us on a crazy scavenger hunt after clues that Jack has left his sister Jocelyn. Jocelyn thinks her brother has been dead for three weeks but then she receives a letter from him containing a clue, just like he used to do when they were on foster care at Seale House. The first thing she does is reunite with an old friend, Noah, together they used to solve the clues Jack left them and now they are about to do it again for one last time. But they are not the only ones after Jack. Haunted by the demons of her past and all too real enemies of her present, Jocelyn has to stay alive first, before she finds her brother.

I really love this book. I can't describe how much I love it. Everything about it was perfect. Scavanger hunting is one of the things I am dying for, all these clues Jack left were so smart and mysterious, I was trying so hard to solve everything, but some of them required specific knowledge that only Jocelyn and Noah had. I also love the fact that Noah and Jack are programmers, since I am one too. Next thing this book has in a great amount is the memories of Jocelyn when she and her brother were still living at Seale House with Noah and all those other kids, I think they were some of the best parts of the book. And of course I adored the ending...didn't see that coming! Really brilliant!

This book never had a dull moment. If I wasn't trying to figure out a clue, I was reading about Jocelyn's unique past or I was in the middle of a action scene. Such a brilliant read! Can't wait to see more from the author.
★★★★

book 10             book 6

5 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about this book. All good things. I am very intrigued. :)

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly LOVED it! I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  2. This was a great read. The ending was a little too weird for me but otherwise thisnwas a fabulous read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently watching all the seasons of Criminal Minds and I found the ending really fitting to what I see in all those episodes. I was so surprised but it also made sense.

      Delete
  3. i absolutely love this cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete