Aug 25, 2012

Storm (Elemental #1) by Brigid Kemmerer

There are no words to describe how much I loved this book. But I will try to find them anyways...

Storm introduces us to the Merrick Brothers, I am sure everyone will just fall in love with them from the beginning, and Becca a girl that happens to save one of them one night. After that Becca's life gets more and more mixed up with theirs. She finds out that they are Elementals, each one has an element power, and that the Guides are coming after them, probably to kill them. But the Merrick boys are not the only new guys in Becca's life, Hunter, the New Kid, seems to have taken an interest in her too and he is hiding more secrets than she could have imagined.

I love this book. I love it. This book was all about the characters, these amazing, alive, unique characters. 

Michael, Nick, Gabriel and Chirs, the four Merrick brothers, had found their way into my heart. They are so different yet all of them so perfect, in their own way. Michael, the protective, oldest brother, that ends up with the responsibility to take care of his brothers after their parents' death. You can actually feel the weight on his shoulders. Then come the twins, Gabriel and Nick, they are like the exact opposites. Gabriel is wild, always looking for ways to have fun, his love of life just draws you in. Nick is the smart, more calm twin, always there to help his brother and bring peace to anyones temper. Finally, Chris, the youngest of them all, mysterious and caring, a little bit overshadowed by his older brothers, but with so much more power than he realizes. 

But besides the awesome brothers, this book has an amazing kick-ass heroine, Becca. Even though she thinks she not all that, she is truly extraordinary. She is brave and caring and always helping others. She is also trying to keep a normal life besides the hideous things that happened to her. When I learned what some kids had done to her I was sick to my stomach. She has more strength than I originally thought and I can't help but love her for that. And finally there's Hunter. Although I loved the scenes where he was alone with Becca, he was never one of my favorites. Compared to the Merrick boys he just doesn't measure up for me. But I think the more I learn about him the more I like him.

I know I've said a lot about the characters but I think that's the life of the book, the heart of it. Besides them the story was pretty amazing too. There was a lot of action, and elemental power, which I love. And even though I had figured out everything before the characters I didn't mind it at all. There were so many things that happened on the past that affected the present, and I always love how that happens in books, how every characters has their own story, and is being haunted by their past.

This book was simply amazing.
★★★★★
book 40
book 12

1 comment:

  1. oh thats awesome! My sister just finished Spark and she loved it but I still haven't started this series. I LOVE books that are all about the characters, plus a kick-butt heroine? exactly what I need right now!

    great review!
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete