Aug 6, 2012

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson #1) by Darynda Jones

Amazing! This must be one of the first (possibly the very first) adult book I've read and it didn't dissapoint at all.

Charley Davidson grew up knowing that she is a grim reaper. Helping the nearly departed cross to the other side is her job, that and being a full-time PI, helping her uncle Bob solve murder cases and occasionally bartending for her Dad. But the dead won't leave this plane until all their loose ends are tied, and Charley is the one to tie them. When 3 dead laywers show up at her front door she has no choice but to help them find their killer. That gets even harder when her dream guy, literally, starts to unravel his identity and it's someone Charley has been looking for her whole life, and he needs her help too.

I loved this book. Charley is an amazing protagonist. She is hilarious, cocky and doesn't take shit from anyone. I must have been laughing through out the whole book. Besides the amazing Charley, that I couldn't get enough of, all the other characters are awesome too. Her uncle Bob, Garrett, Reyes, Cookie, all the dead people (yes that's right the dead people were amazing too). I honestly don't know where to begin. Every character was so vivid and full of life, even if he/she was dead. But the show was stolen by Charley, I really can't say enough good things about this girl.

I really enjoy the story. The whole PI mystery, stakeouts, the occasional undercover mission. I live for those things. And oooohhhh the ghosts. I loved their stories and following them through their transition from one plane to another, an amazing journey.

I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.
★★★★★

book 7              book 22
book 1

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review and I completely agree. Darynda's Charley Davidson series is one of my all time favs!

    ReplyDelete