Aug 23, 2012

First Grave on the Right Final Week

Last week of the read-along for First Grave on the Right. Boo hoo...I loved this books and the read-along questions, so fun to write the post each week. Anyways, time for the last set of  Q & A.

1. One of my favorite aspects of this book are the witty snippets at the beginning of every chapter. I especially like the t shirt quotes. My favorites are:
Jenius
Sarcasm. Only one of the services offered.
Do not disturb. Already there.
What is the funniest t-shirt or bumper sticker you have encountered? What t-shirt saying best describes your personality? 

So, I browsed around the internet and found a few funny quotes that I loved.
The last two are what describes me the best. ;)

2. Charley is constantly helping ghosts throughout the book. Would you like to be able to talk to ghosts and bring closure to their loved ones? How would you feel about all the ghosts popping up at all times day or night? Would you like to have a ghost like Mr. Wong in your house? 
Maybe it would be fun and make me feel good to help a ghost or two, but if it was happening all the freaking time I would be out of my mind. It's exhausting. I wouldn't want them popping up at my house, I don't think I would be able to take a bath ever again. And no creepy Mr. Wongs for me, thanks but no thanks.

3. Kim reveals some rather shocking and sad details about Reyes' past. Do you agree with her decision to adhere to her promise and not intervene? Would you be willing to keep your word and let a loved one die if it was their wish? 
I don't think so. I try not to intervene with other people's lifes, let them learn from their own mistakes and all that, and I expect them to do the same. But when I know that something has to be done, I don't care about the consequences I will do it, even if it would mean that they will get mad or stop talking to me. So when it's something like what Reyes was going though I would definitely help him. He'd probably be mad but at least he'd be alive.

4. In Chapter 19 Charley confronts the bad guy and finds herself in yet another situation where she gets her ass kicked. Do you like the fact that Charley consistently ends up getting her butt handed to her? What are your overall thoughts on Charley? 
I actually love that even though she is a kick-ass heroine she always ends up getting her own ass kicked. It goes to show that she is not a superhuman physically which is normal, I mean she is just one girl, she can't kick everyone's butt, right? Overall, I love Charley.

5. Chapter 20 is a big, hot, smoking chapter. We finally get some answers on Reyes. Does the revelation change your opinion of him? Do you think he can overcome his "nature" and be a good person or is Charley in big trouble?
Well, Charley is in big trouble but that isn't necessarily bad. Besides, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The last few chapters changed my mind about Reyes but in a good way. I didn't like him at the beginning but now I do, so so so so much.

6. Did you enjoy this book? Will you be continuing the series?
Hell, yeah! As simple as that. :)

And that was the end of a great read-along. But...there's more. There will another read-along for Charade by Cambria Hebert, the second book in the Heven and Hell series. I will be one of the hosts. It will be in November so you have plenty of time to read Masquerade, book one, until then and get ready for Charade. Trust me these books are great. Click the image below for more info.

7 comments:

  1. Love the quotes! And I have to agree, I think part of what makes Charley so great is that she isn't perfect. I love that she makes mistakes and learns from them.
    Great answers this week, I am sad the read-a-long is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh like those shirts. I need the confuse 'em one. :)

    Oh and Reyes... well, you didn't like him at first... so I'll take him. ;D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol - I'm not completely falling for Reyes yet. I'm sooo picky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm not completely falling for Reyes that quickly. I've got my eye on Garrett. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I also have my eye on Garrett. I love the shirt conserve water, drink beer! LOL I think it would be great to help ghosts but it might get annoying having them pop up on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your t shirts quotes! I am so glad you loved this book! Thank you so much for doing the read along! Looks like I made a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It so sounds eexhausting as much as I love Charley I don't want to be her.

    ReplyDelete