Jan 25, 2014

Book Review: Goddess of the Night by Lynne Ewing

 

by

Goddess of the Night is the very first book in the Daughters of the Moon series, which I believe consists of 13 books. So, this book was more of an introduction to the world and the characters. Even so, Goddess of the Night was a delight to read and I flew through it.

The main character, Vanessa has a secret power, she can become invisible, she and her best friend Catty were always special but neither knows why. But lately Vanessa feels the shadows creeping around her and someone is always following her. When Catty goes missing, jumping through time, Vanessa has to figure out what she is and how she can use her powers in order to save her.

Vanessa was not my favourite character in this book, so since this is her story there were a lot of things that didn't really appeal to me. But still I have to admire Vanessa for her compassion, this is a trait I always look for in fictional characters. And even though she wasn't the most fun character to see through she was pretty decent. The one I really loved and can't wait to read from her PoV is Catty, she is kind of crazy, in a good way, and I loved her, even though we didn't get to see much of her in this book.

Another thing I liked was the bad guys right hand, or whatever he was supposed to be. I love it when there are dark characters that yet have such good qualities about them. I am all about saving the bad boys so I can't resist.

All in all, this book was good. Nothing extremely special but I liked the setting and the girls so I can't wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment