Apr 25, 2012

Masquerade Read Along Week 4

I know I've been MIA for the past few weeks, and I wasn't able to participate in last week's Read Along post (shame on me), but I'm back and ready for this weeks questions.

Chapters 24-31
Week 4

1. Heven develops a new “supernatural power”. She remarks that it isn’t that exciting of a power. Is this a power you would like to have, if not what kind of supernatural power would you like to have?
If I could pick a super power it wouldn't be Heven's. I love fire, so I would love to be able to control fire. But Heven's power is not that bad either. I think it would come in handy eventually.


2. Which character do you think makes the biggest internal change throughout the course of this book? Is there a situation in your life that you can reflect back on as an experience that changed your life for the better?
I think that's both Heven and Sam, even though we don't get to see how much Sam changed I believed he came a long way since the beginning of the book. He used to think that he's no good and that he didn't deserve being happy but I believe he found out the truth about him eventually. And obviously Heven had changed a great deal too, from the carefree cheerleader to the insecure girl who used to hide behind her hoods and finally the strong and confident person who realised that life is so much more than scars.
I can't really pick one moment that changed my life dramatically for the better. I went step by step. So every little thing that happened has helped me grow as a person.


3. Who is your favorite character and why?
Sam! He is adorable, I love him so much. If only real guys were more like him.


4. When the book ends the reader has an idea of what the next book will involve. Do you think the book ended in the appropriate place?
That's actually a great question cause when I was almost done with the book, right after Heven and Sam "died" I was thinking this has to be the end, but the chapters just kept on coming and I had no idea what was  we were waiting to happen but before I could feel that the ending was dragging on a lot of things happened, new characters, a possible plot for the next book, so yes I believe it ended in the appropriate place.


5. Do you have any predictions for the next book in the series, Charade?
One word: Dragons. I have no idea what's going to happen but, hell, I can't wait to start reading it. I just got the ARC (thank you Cambria) and when I am done with what I'm reading right now I'll start it.


6. Did you enjoy participating in this read along? Will you join in future read alongs?
Even though I missed third week's post and made a rush second week's post I really enjoyed it. I think it's something I would do again and again in the future.

Link up your posts with the linky tool at the end of this post.
Next Thursday there will be a post over at Cambria's with the winners of the Read Along Giveaway.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Veronica! Thanks so much for your great questions! It's 12:25 on Thursday morning, here in Miami, Florida, and I've been writing and revising since I came home at 10:00 PM from my night job...so I'll do more detailed commenting later on today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/26/2012

    I adore Sam too. I had such a great time with the read along and I plan on hosting some read alongs in the near future. I agree that the book ended in a great place and can't wait to read Charade. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragons - I am excited for that too :D Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragons?!

    Eh, Sam wasn't my type - I'm super picky. I'd pick the horse over the boy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi veronica! Thanks for hosting this week! I really enjoyed your answers! I am excited about the possibility of dragons too!
    I really like your answer to number one as well. very intriguing. Fire power definitely would be a great super power to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4/26/2012

    OoO Fire! That's a good one too! Though my luck I'd burn myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Veronica. Some great answers! I would love to be a fire starter, too. :) And I would love to see Dragons in the next book (hint, hint, Cambria. LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back can't wait to see your Italy pics! I thnk fire would be interesting for sure. Oh hes can't wait for the dragons. I know I got that copy of Charade and I am itching to dig in! Can't wait to see what is in store. Yes, Sam is definitely a gem, I really like Cole, too. Thanks for helping to host this hope you had fun and will particpate again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam was a great character and he had a lot of development alongside Heven. Dragons? I never thought of that. I think we will definitely see some more paranormal creatures show up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that Heven has changed quite a lot and while Sam has changed too it's been in more subtle ways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's okay -- I had to do the exact same thing and skip out on a few weeks in between too, but I'm back now and I'm glad you returned for the grand finale as well! :) That's so true that Sam also goes through a lot of character change along with Heven, but he still has to be my fave character too!

    Awesome answers, Veronica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, again! You know, I really meant to come back on the day of my first comment, but somehow never got around to it...so here I am...finally! Lol.

    I think that the power to wield fire would certainly come in handy at times, although I for one would fear it...as for Heven's power, I think I'd be overwhelmed after a while, although I'd like it, at first.

    I agree about Sam being adorable! He's such a sweetheart!1 But he's strong and ruthless when he has to protect Heven, too. What a man...sigh....

    As for the ending of the novel, I agree that it's perfect!

    You think there will DRAGONS in "Charade"? Now that's one I haven't heard! It'll be interesting to find out...

    I think that everyone who participated in this read-along had a fabulous time, and we all want to join in another one! I'm hoping to find one soon!

    Thanks for hosting! And thanks for commenting on my anwwers!! : )

    ReplyDelete