Apr 12, 2012

Masquerade Read Along Week 2

Welcome to the second week of Masquerade Read-Along. 

This Weeks Discussion Questions:

Week 2/ Chapters 8-16

1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do you think this is?

Hmm... I thought about it when I read the prequel, Before, when Heven was still her old self and Sam was just watching her from a far. I think Sam is drawn to her because she is what he wishes he could be. Surrounded by friends, enjoying every day without having to hide, normal, happy teenager. I guess Heven represents this part of his life he lost and that's why he feels drawn to her.

2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During there chapters Sam does some things - bad things- (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you thin he was right to do these things?

I haven't really thought about it. I believe that Sam is pure good no matter what. And I never really had any objections to his actions so I think that yes, he was right to do these things. His actions never made me question him and his good heart. He is the sweetest.

3. In cahpter 12 Kimber says some things to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth in Kimber's drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber's friendship goes from here?

I believe that everything Kimber said was exactly how she felt. Maybe it was the heat if the moment that made everything come out, of course the alcohol helped too, but I think she mend every word she said. She and Heven are becoming more like frienemies than friends. I remember reading this chapter and being mad at Heven for not speaking her mind, but I totally saw what Kimber said coming. As for where their friendship is going I have no idea, I really don't know how Heven got over it eventually, I know I wouldn't.

4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?

Heven is getting not just more confident but stronger as well. She is not going back to who she used to be but evolving to someone better. And besides I don't think that she wants to go back. I think that when someone has something like Heven's accident and then overcomes it he becomes more strong than ever more confident and more sure of himself. (BTW I love Forever Strong. Go watch it!!!)

5. Toward the end of these set of chapter, Heven finds out Sam's secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?

I have a bad habit of frozing whenever I am in a situation of extreme fear. So if the whole transformation in front of my eyes was terrifying I would just froze. Wouldn't talk or anything. My mind getting numb. After a few minutes hopefully I would accept what was going on and start taking, but I'd be more calm. I am not big on screaming and over-reacting. 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/13/2012

    Great answers. I tend to go a little blank when confronted with something that is really out there too. I try to get my mind in gear and make a decision to say what needs to be said I guess that is better than let something just fall out of my mouth, which I have done before with poor results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Forever Stong! I LOVE that pic though. I will totally have to look that up. I really enjoyed your answers this week. I love your thoughts on Sam and his actions. I think he is good too, no matter what. lol.
    I love the pics that go along with your post this week, very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to do the whole calm thing when confronted with a crisis. My boyfriend never gets how I can be so calm when everyone else is panicking, it just sets in later with me though. 24 hours later I'm a mess!

    ReplyDelete