Oct 27, 2013

Showcase Sunday #16



Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.
~Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea


Another week has come to an end. I didn't have much time to read this past week because of Uni but November is closing in and I won't have that much work then. Even though I didn't read much I bought a bunch of books this week and almost everything is spooky/creepy/Halloween related. I love those type of books and I love Halloween. Here is what I got.

Physical Books
Third Grave Dead Ahead: The third book in the Charley Davidson series. I am really excited about this one. I love this series, it's hilarious.
Halloween Party: Last year I got a kindle book of one of Stine's stories to read for Halloween and loved the idea of reading one each year. So Halloween Party is the book I'll read this Halloween.
Sweep, Vol.1: Finally I got this book. Everyone seems to love this series and I am a huge fan of witched and wicca so this is definitely the book for me. And it looks so good.
I Know What You Did Last Summer: I loved the movie, yes I know it's kind of cheesy, but I loved it (as well as I loved Scream, these movies are classic for me). Anyways, this was very cheap on TBD (might still be) so I got it without any more thinking.
Down a Dark Hall: I've been meaning to read Lois Duncan's books and this one is about a boarding school. What more can I ask than a creepy boarding school?
Daughters of Eve: Another one of Duncan's books I wanted to check out. I love books that are about revenge.
Slayers: O.M.G. This is the one book I am most excited about. One word: DRAGONS! I love dragons. I write about them, I draw them, I dream about them. I just simply love them. And there are not enough YA dragon books out there. Thank goodness for epic fantasy books. So, I've been dying to get Slayers, especially with this new, gorgeous cover.
Point Horror #2, The Diane Hoh Special Edition: Three creepy stories by Diane Hoh, in a beautiful bind up. I couldn't resist that.
Point Horror #3, The Caroline B. Cooney Special Edition: The third and final omnibus book in the Point Horror Special Edition collection. Now I got all three of them and they look amazing next to each other.

E-Books
The Pumpkin Man: This sounds like a good old scary movie where some kids go to spend a few days in a cabin and something sinister is waiting for them there. It's like all the movies A Cabin In The Woods was making fun of...I love those kind of movies by the way.
In The Dark: This looks so awesome. Just go and read the blurb. It got me so curious to see what happens in the book.
Spooked: I got this one for free. It seems spooky enought, hell, it's titles Spooked, and it's very short too so I grabbed it. It is still FREE ON AMAZON if you want to check it out.
Path Unchosen: This is a review book I received for the Book Tour later this year. It seems very intersting and I can't wait to read it.

7 comments:

  1. Reading a scary story for Hallowe'en is definitely a great idea. Are you also into Neil Gaiman's idea of giving scary books away as a 'Hallowe'en present'? I'm certainly looking forward to all the scary recommendations, never having read many scary books in my life, it's about time I start. :D
    My blog, aurora lector.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the books you got look super epic, I don't know any of them though D: I barely read scary books, as I prefer Dystopian or Contemporary books, but some of these look quite good. I might get into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard great things about the Sweep series :)

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charley Davidson is a hilarious series and it looks like you and I have stopped at the same book. I need to pick up book three soon. I listen to them on audio books because I love the narrator. Enjoy your reads and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Path Unchosen has a really intriguing cover, so based on that I have added it to my TBR list. I really need to stop this adding things because they look shiny phase haha I might need to check out the Charley Davidson series too.

    I hope that you enjoy all your new books, it looks like a great list!

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to catch up on the Charley Davidson series. I enjoyed the 1st book a lot. Hope you will be able to get lots of reading in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great Halloween Titles I am sure you will have fun!

    ReplyDelete