Oct 26, 2013

Review: The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan

Another amazing story of Percy Jackson and his friends. In the second book of the series, Grover has been abducted by a Cyclops and camp half-blood is under attack, Thalia's tree has been poisoned and the camp is dying. With the help of Annabeth and his new friend, who later turns out to be his new brother, Percy has to travel through the Sea of Monsters to save Grover and retrieve the Golden Fleece in order to save the tree and the camp.

I loved the second book just as much as the first one, maybe even more because this time I hadn't watched the movie first and all the twists and turns were unexpected. Percy and Annabeth make a great team, they are so different yet I love to see them working together. I can't wait for their friendship to turn into something more. If you know what I mean...

Another thing I really enjoyed was learning more about camp half-blood and its residents. We get to meet more of the campers and hopefully will get to see even more of them in the next books. And then there is Luke...I don't know why I have a soft spot for him, probably because Annabeth does, and she still believes she can save him.

In this book we got to sail from island to island facing monsters us we got closer to the Cyclops lair. Every chapter was full of action and heroic battles. Also, we learned more about Percy's prophecy and Annabeth's past. And at the end there was this huge twist! Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment