Oct 21, 2013

Review: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

It was about time for me to start this amazing series. All the hype about the spin-off series is what got me really interested in finally reading this book and I am glad I did. This series looks like it's going to be truly amazing. It gives a spark that I was missing since Harry Potter.

The Lighting Thief is the first book in the pentalogy of Percy Jackson and the Olympians and it introduces us to Percy and the world of Half-bloods. And it's truly an amazing world, filled with Greek gods and mythology, I enjoyed every single part of it. Percy lives his life unaware of what he truly is, half-human half-god, he is the son of Poseidon. His mother has managed to successfully hide him amongst mortals for the first 12 years of his life but Percy is getting in the gods radar really fast. In order to protect him, his mother leads him to Camp Half-Blood, a summer camp for half-gods. But Zeus is reigning a war against Poseidon and it's because everyone things that Percy stole his Lighting Bolt. So Percy will go on a quest to find the bolt and return it to Zeus before life as we know it comes to an end.

Where to begin? Percy, Annabeth and Grover are the perfect trio for a quest. They are so different and such unique characters that you can't help but love them. I also loved the gods and their human ways. It was fun to see them acting like actual people. Also I loved camp half-blood, that place was amazing, I wish there was more of it in the book. Also I really liked Luke, and even though I've watched the movie and knew the truth about him, my heart broke at the end.

All in all, I loved this book and the story and I already started the second one and bought all the rest of the series. I can't wait to spend more time in Percy's world. So glad there is a spin-off too, which means more half-bloods' adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment