Apr 21, 2015

My Wattpad Adventures

As some of you know, I just recently joined Wattpad in order to read The Dead List by JLA. (Seriously go check it out, is really good so far.) Anyway, I've heard of Wattpad before but I seriously had no specific idea on what exactly it was and what one could do (and post) there. So after a brief browsing and reading and then browsing again (seriously there are so many books in there it's crazy) I came to the conclusion that Wattpad is a brilliant invention. Seriously you might want to join too, you never know what you might discover.


After being a member for a week I started contemplating my own publishing journey, which let me be honest is pretty much non existent. For the past year or so, I didn't have any time to do anything about my finished novel, Burning Sky (Sora Gate, #1). Well, to be honest, I didn't even have any time to write a single word on my other novels. Needless to say it's been a busy year. Being at Wattpad I started thinking what if I just posted Burning Sky there. You know a couple of chapters each week. Seeing if anyone reads it, and if anyone has any ideas and comments (I am being very hopeful, but you never know). So I did it. Burning Sky is now live on Wattpad, with its finished cover and all.

You can read the uploaded chapters here. And if you do feel free to tell me what you think, I love talking about my stories.

Another reason why I decided to post on Wattpad, was that I felt no real motivation to write the second installment in the Sora Gate series. In the past few days I gave it a lot of thought and decided one of the reasons was the fact that I had no feedback on Burning Sky, so there was no one waiting to learn what will happen next. Another one was the first book's ending. I always have a problem with writing endings, wrapping things up, so after months of writing the ending I decided to change it, hence changing the set for the second book. I really hope it works, because motivation and inspiration are hard things to come by.

Finally, if you have Wattpad feel free to let me know so I can follow you, I love seeing what everyone is reading. Also, if you have any favorite Wattpad books/authors also let me know. I might discover something I wouldn't otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/22/2015

    Oooh, I shall have to go check this out in the near future! I've been thinking about putting something up on Wattpad for the same reason --- I used to write SOOO much when I had constant feedback. Now that I get little to none, it's tough to stay motivated.

    ~ Liza @ Classy Cat Books
    ( lizabarrett on Wattpad )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to read it whenever. I would love to hear what you think. :) You should think about uploading your work there too. I believe having constant feedback can be a great motivator and sometimes great source for inspiration. :)

      Delete