Apr 13, 2015

Book Review: The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles #1) by Michael J. Sullivan


The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles #1)
by Michael J. Sullivan

The Crown Tower is the first story of Hadrian and Royce. It's the story of how the met and decided to work together, even if reluctantly, for the first time in order to steal a book from... the Crown Tower.

This was the first Riyria book I've ever read and I am glad to say it did not disappoint. This book lives up to its hype. I loved pretty much everything. Especially the characters. The dynamic between Hadrian and Royce is what keeps this book alive. Those two are so different and can't stand each other. But when they actually manage to work together they were amazing. They reminded me so much of my best friend and I, my BFF being more like Royce and me being a lot like Hadrian. So, this book really hit home with me.

I loved the action and humor it kept me reading until very late at night, or better yet, early in the morning. We also get to meet a lot more characters like Gwen, Arcadius and Pickles. Arcadius is kind of my personal favorite. I loved how you could never get a straight answer from him and how he manipulated Royce and Hadrian. I'm really looking forward to their next adventure and then I will be definitely picking up the Riyria Revelations books.

No comments:

Post a Comment