Nov 6, 2011

Whiteout by Cambria Hebert



Lost in a world of white, I lay. Pain and cold were my only companions. How long would it take me to die? Would the cold freeze my heart and stop its beating? 

A red plastic sled saved the day. A woman saved my life. 

Unfortunately, saving my life might cost Grace her own. We get one day together, Christmas day, one day of bliss among misery. Too soon the tree is down and all that’s left of the cinnamon biscuits are crumbs. 

The people who want me dead come back to see their task complete. I didn’t have a plan, but Grace did.

Never trust a woman with a shotgun.

I really loved this book, I only wish I had saved it for christmas.

I can't really say anything about the plot, cause I'd be giving away stuff you have to discover yourself. So, I'm going to talk about other things I liked. The writing, I loved it, it's all from the guys POV and I really liked to see his thoughts. Also I loved the character of Grace, she is so fierce and gentle at the same time. One last thing, I love the cover.

I was so excited to receive this book for a review and it was totally worth my time. Again I have the same problem as with other short stories I read and like, I wish there was more of it.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review Veronica!! I get a little thrill everytime I see my covers here on your blog alongside all the others. It makes it all seem real somehow. lol. thanks again for all your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete