Oct 20, 2013

Showcase Sunday #15



Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.
~Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea


Welcome back to another Showcase Sunday. Last Sunday I didn't do a post because I was participating in Dewey's 24h read-a-thon and was exhausted. So I have two weeks worth of books to show you guys.

Physical Books
Pet Sematary: In the spirit of Halloween I decided it was time to read something creepy and I thought, 'Well, it couldn't get more creepy than Stephen King', so I finally picked this one up. Hopefully to read in the next weeks.
The Art of War: I have a huge presentation coming up and I am always very nervous about those, I don't remember how exactly I thought about getting the Art of War but it was one of my best decisions. This is an amazing book. It truly is the #1 book of strategy. I loved it.
Gallow's Hill: Inspired by my Something Wicked Returns giveaway and the whole event I decided to buy more of Lois Duncan's books (there are more coming my way). I already started this book on the bus and it is really good so far.

E-Books
The Riddles of Hillgate: I got this one for free and it sounds like such a cute mystery I can't wait to unravel it. It is very short too, so it would hopefully be a fast and fun read. BTW it is still FREE ON AMAZON.
Shucked: Another freebie for me. This book has such a cool story and it's also very short.

That was all for me. What did you get this past week? Leave me links to your new hauls in the comments and I'll make sure to stop by.

9 comments:

  1. I have Shucked too :) I can't wait to read it. Enjoy your books!

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Gallows Hill sounds really good! I might have to check that one out. I haven't read a Stephen King book yet, but I've got Carrie out from my library.
    Great haul! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of The Riddles of Hillgate, I am going to download! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Art of war is pretty good; we discussed it in many classes and he was one smart fella. :)
    Nice haul!
    Happy reading!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephen King is the master of scary stories. Enjoy. Gallows Hill sounds awesome. Great haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping one of my WFC book club reads will give me the creepy factor as I am running out of time to read them and probably won't get round to any other Halloween reads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I really need to start reading some Stephen King... Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for pointing out the Riddles of Hillgate, that has been added to my Kindle. Yay!

    Enjoy all your new books :) Gallows Hill in particular sounds good, might have to check that one out too.

    And here's a link to my Showcase Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, Celine will give you a big virtual hug for choosing Stephen King's book :) But I know what you mean, now that Halloween is coming, I definitely feel like reading something creepy. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete