Feb 3, 2014

Book Review: The New Evil by R.L. Stine


The New Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4)
by R.L. Stine

The New Evil is the last Cheerleaders book featuring Corky and her friends. The girls are once more afraid that the Evil is back when strange accidents start happening at their school. But this time everyone looks like a suspect. This is the final battle between Corky and the Evil, and there are going to be a lot of casualties.

I really enjoyed this book. Once again accidents started happening and I thought it'd be a repeat of the previous three books, but in this one it's so hard to figure out who the Evil lives in. The revelation of the truth was a big twist that I truly enjoyed. The New Evil was just as creepy as the three previous books, and I think had the more freak accidents and deaths.

What I did not enjoy was the romance part. Corky is such a superficial character. It doesn't bother me when she runs for her life and tries to fight the Evil but when it comes to her love life...well, I just want to slap some sense into her. I don't know why Stine feels the need to have a love story in the Cheerleaders series. I think the books would be even better without it.

All in all, this was a quick, creepy read. I have the next one ready to go. And I can't wait to read about a new set of characters facing the Evil. Maybe they will have better luck than Corky and her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment