Feb 1, 2014

Book Review: Into the Cold Fire (Daughters of the Moon, #2) by Lynne Ewing


Into the Cold Fire (Daughters of the Moon, #2)
by Lynne Ewing
Into the Cold Fire is the second book the the Daughters of the Moon series and it focuses around Serena, the Daughter with the power to read minds. Just like in the first book I loved the interactions of all four girls but I wasn't the biggest fan of Serena (my favorite is still Catty and I can't wait for her book).

In this book Serena is being targeted by the Atrox to join his army. I really enjoy getting to know more about the Atrox and the Followers. Serena is being pulled closer to the darkness and has no idea how she will get out of it. Until the end I didn't know in which side she would end up.

The one thing I adored about this book, just like the first one, is the dark, bad guy, Stanton. I loved the scenes with him and Serena, but since Serena had some memory gaps, I missed all the parts she didn't remember. And it was so frustrating that we never got to see those parts. It would have been so cute seeing those two together.

I also enjoyed the relationship between Jimena, the daughter who can see the future, and Collin, Serena's brother. Those two fight all the time but you can still feel the tension between is more than it originally looks like. The next book is Jimena's, so I can't wait to see if she and Collin would be a thing.

All in all, the second book had the exact same tone as the first one. Funny, fast-paced, some action and quite a few cute moments. I am really looking forward to reading the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment