Feb 22, 2015

Showcase Sunday #45 - February 2015



Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.
~Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea


Welcome to my second SS for this year. This month a lot of crazy (good crazy) things happened in my life. First, I had my first interview with a University about a PhD position, which I thought went terrible. Four days after that I had to present my Masters Thesis. Even though I am not usually very good at presentations, having blown the interview because I was nervous, I had no more anxiety. I though that nothing could be that bad as that interview, so I aced my presentation! Yes, I am finally finished with my Masters degree. A couple of days later, I had started packing up my things to move back to my hometown at the other end of Greece, I had given up on the PhD position and was already making plans for getting a temp job and sending more applications wherever I can find, when an email arrived. I was surprised to read: I GOT THE PHD POSITION. A crazy dance and  a lot of screaming followed. And here I am now, not even a week later, I still can't believe I got the position and the best part? It's in LONDON. I always wanted to live there. And I'll be there for at least the next three years. It seems so surreal. I can't wait for July to come so I can move there. I am also looking forward to meeting any UK bloggers. Finally people I can talk books with, in person.


Anyway, that was what happened to me this crazy month. I am moving back to my hometown in 10 days and then I'll spend there 4 months getting excited and ready for LONDON. But let's talk books now. This last month I got some pretty exciting new books.



A Few Words:
I am so excited for many of those books. I am currently reading Jurassic Park and it is surprisingly good. I think I will watch all movies once I am done, then hopefully move on the the second book. 
Fire & Flood is the book that I am most excited for (having already read Seraphina like 3 years ago). I sounds so good. I'll probably pick it up soon. 
The rest books are two audiobooks, Nobody and The Squad, two freebies, Gravity and Bound by Prophecy, and a book I won, Perfect Ruin.
I am really looking forward to all of them especially the audiobooks because so far I loved anything I read by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting the PHD Position! That's fantastic! :D
    Fire & Flood is fantastic! I've heard amazing things about Perfect Ruin so I hope you enjoy it! I love that cover of Seraphina!
    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats on the PHD position! Hope you enjoy London too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! Gravity is a really good book though I still have to read the rest of the series. Fire & Flood is one that I've been meaning to pick up because I've heard pretty good things about it. I haven't read Perfect Ruin though I've loved the author's Chemical Garden series! I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete