Dec 23, 2014

Book Review: The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
by Jennifer Lynn Barnes 

The Naturals is a great book for fans of Criminal Minds, CSI and shows like them. I am a fan of all those kind of shows and when I read the blurb of this book I was dying to get my hands on it. And I am really glad I did. This had mystery, murder, serieal killers, kids with powers (not exactly supernatural powers bu still...), romance, fighting. It was just perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.

The Naturals are a group of teenagers that are trained by the FBI to solve mostly cold cases of serieal killers. All five kids have some amazing powers.

After Cassie joins the group some strange murders start happening close to town. Women are found dead, their faces curved up. Half of them are red-heads and half of them worked as psychics. Cassie's mom was both and she was also murdered 5 years ago with no clue of where her body was. Cassie believes that this case is connected to her mother's and she is determined to find the killer.

If the description so far haven't caught your eye let me tell you that this book was absolutely amazing. There were five teenagers living in the same house, with all the drama that may cause. We got to get inside the killers mind with a few chapters from a YOU point of view, those were the creepiest ones. Also it was amazing to see the little details that profilers use to find out more about the UNSUBs and their victims.

I also really enjoyed the romance in this one. Even though it is a love triangle it's so perfectly done that I still don't know who Cassie will choose. Usually it's so easy to tell, it's like the third person is there just for argument's sake. But in this one both Michael and Dean have this great chemistry with Cassie. They are very different and mysterious and I have no idea what's going to happen with them.

All in all, this was fast-paced, action paked, full of serial killers, mystery, following clues and unique characters. I can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment