Dec 8, 2013

Showcase Sunday #21



Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.
~Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea


Hey guys! Christmas are almost here. I can't begin to explain how excited I am. Christmas are my favorite holiday (since we don't celebrate Halloween here). I am going back to my hometown for three weeks and I can't wait to spend some time with my friends and family. Here are all the books I got this last week.

World After: The sequel to the amazing Angelfall. Finally I got my hands on it. I can't wait to see how the story moves on.
The Darkest Minds: I wanted this book ever since it came out but never got around to picking it up. Finally I won this in a giveaway. I am so excited to read it. Everyone seems to love this series.
Unknown: I just read my first Melissa Pearl book, ( her Betwixt series) and I really enjoyed her writing style, so when I found this one FREE ON AMAZON, I immediately picked it up. I have all her other first books in series so I will eventually start reading them all.

What did you get his week? Leave me links to your book hauls in the comments and I'll make sure to stop by.

10 comments:

  1. You've got some great books there! I haven't gotten World After yet but i need it! Bad :P and I haven't read the darkest minds either but as you've said, have heard so many good things about it! Hope you enjoy your haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know ,same here! :) I'm not a big fan of winter in general but I absolutely love Christmas. And I'm also flying home for two weeks so I'm ridiculously excited. :D

    Have a great Sunday and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to dive into World After, I adored Angelfall!!! Unknown I got free as well and I have The Darkest Mind but haven't read it yet. Enjoy :)
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2013/12/showcase-sunday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, World After!! What a great book! I do hope you will love it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to read and own The Darkest Minds! I need to buy it

    awesome book haul,
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to get the books you've been after isn't it. :) http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/what-postman-brought-and-feeding-my-e.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I can't wait for Christmas too sooo excited to just spend time with family and give them all the presents I've been accumulating for them over the past month (and also receive some in return :P). I loved Angelfall so I really need to pick up World After asap! I have The Darkest Minds sitting on my shelf so I also need to get round to that too soon as I've heard amazing stuff about it! Enjoy :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/showcase-sunday-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. World After is amazing! I finished it the other day and I loved it just as much as Angelfall. I hope you enjoy it too! :D
    The Darkest Minds sounds amazing! I've heard so many great things about it so I hope you enjoy it.
    Great haul! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED The Darkest Minds. Bracken is an awesome writer! Enjoy! Very Xmen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is nice that you are headed home, I am sure you are ready for the break. I can't believe I haven't read Angelfall yet. I scheduled it for my winter break. I have heard such great things about The Darkest Minds and I need to try it! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete