Jan 24, 2012

Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum by Stephen Prosapio

Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum is my dream life inside a book.

This is the story of Zach, the host of Xavier Paranormal Investigators, a show that investigates paranormal, visits haunted places and sets the trapped spirits free. Zach is very excited about his next mission. The Rosewood Asylum has been one of the most haunted places around Chicago and has been off limits to everyone. The only thing bad about the new mission is that he has to join forces with another investigating show, The Demon Hunters, and besides that his uncle, who has been possessing him since age three, can't seem to keep his thoughts for himself. Everything is about to go from bad to worse when the investigation begins and a lot of things seem out of place. In order to solve the mystery behind Rosewood and a series of fires, Zach has to first figure out who is on his side.

I really loved this book. It was everything I hoped for and even more. I loved the team of investigators, so many different persons, although at the beginning I could tell which tech guy was which. Maybe to many tech-guys? Anyways, my favorite character, even if we don't get to see a lot of her was Shelly, a kind of CSI girl. I hope there will be more of her in the next book.

The haunted asylum was... well, haunting. I love haunted places, castles, houses, whatever, give me a haunted place and a mystery to solve and I am happy! The mystery was well spread throughout the book, there were so many details add on from chapter to chapter and so many questions and possibilities of what will happen next. Maybe the book wasn't scary enough, since I expected a haunted asylum to be extremely creepy, but the mystery made up for it. I have to say the preview of the next book was damn scary!

★★★★★

 
book 4                       book 1                      book 1

5 comments:

  1. This was a fun one wasn't it! Not too scary though. i really liked Evelyn, Hunter and Ray. I think the next book will be CREEPY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think the second one would be really creepy if I can judge from the little preview.

      Delete
  2. Hey there! Thanks so much for the amazing review! I had this on my schedule for today, so sorry I didn't stop by sooner.

    Thanks to you too Heidi!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the opportunity to read this great book. You know you can count me for the next one too :P

      Delete
  3. Absolutely, Veronica!!!

    ReplyDelete