Jun 20, 2014

Book Review: No Place Like Oz (Dorothy Must Die 0.5) by Danielle Paige


No Place Like Oz is the prequel to Dorothy Must Die, and for me it is a must read. This is the story of Dorothy a few years after she came back from Oz. Now Dorothy is about to turn 16 and everything around her, everything she fought so hard to get back to, doesn't seem the same anymore. As they say, you can never go back home. And for Dorothy returning to what she though was her home didn't turn out to be what she hoped for. 

I really loved seeing what happened once Dorothy was back. It was easy to understand why Kansas and her life there didn't excite her anymore. I think a try to Oz might have that affect to anyone. Her life can never get back to normal because she knows what awaits her away from Kansas. I loved getting inside Dorothy's head and witnessing her change from a 'normal' Kansas girl to the Queen of Oz. It made me sympathise with her and I am still a big fan, even after everythin she did (and everything that happened in Dorothy Must Die). If there is one character I can completely relate in this series is Dorothy. If I was in her shoes, her magical red heels, I would have felt and done exactly them same.

Also, besides my love for Dorothy, Danielle Paige manages to bring back my love for Oz. The Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite stories. I love Oz so much. If I could jump into a fictional world and spend the rest of my days there, Oz would be it. Danielle Paige managed to bring Oz back to life, even though it is a more dark and scary place, it's still the Oz that L. Frank Baum made me fall in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment