Jan 1, 2014

Book Review: The Hunter (The Forbidden Game #1) by L.J. Smith


The Hunter (The Forbidden Game #1)
by L.J. Smith

I know I am a few years late on reading this but I am so excited that I finally did. The Hunter is the first book in L.J. Smith's Forbidden Game series. I was a bit skeptic about reading it but since I am back in my hometown for X-mas, I don't have many unread books available to me and I ended up picking it up and pretty much getting sucked into the Game's world.

The Hunter introduces us to Jenny and her friends. The 7 of them end up starting The Game on Tom's, Jenny's boyfriend, birthday party. Little did they know that The Game is real and that they will get stuck inside it forced to face their worst nightmares. Even worse, the Shadow Man, the guy behind this game, is after Jenny and won't rest until he makes her his.

I loved the idea of kids gettign trapped inside a game and having to play under the rules, kind like Jumanji. The book had a dark and creepy feeling about it. I couldn't wait until we jumped from nightmare to nightmare and see the darksest fears of the players. It was the perfect, fast-paced read to keep me up late at ngiht.

The only reason this book gets 4 stars instead of more is the fact that at times it felt a little shallow. Even though it dealt with everyone's worst fears it still felt shallow at times. Maybe it will be better in the next book books, which I am immediately starting.

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds really good! I loved the concept of Jumanji so I might have to check this one out. Nice review :)
    ~ Sydney @ Pika Pages

    ReplyDelete