Apr 6, 2015

Book Review: The Wizard Returns (Dorothy Must Die, #0.3) by Danielle Paige


The Wizard Returns (Dorothy Must Die, #0.3)
by Danielle Paige
In the third prequel of the Dorothy Must Die series, we get a glimpse in the life of the Wizard of Oz right after he left for our world with his balloon. It turns out he never made it back. Instead he ended up in the middle of the poppy field where he send a few years sleeping, only to be awaken by a boy telling him that Oz needs him but he first has to go through 3 tests to prove his heart, brain and courage.

This was really enjoyable. I loved learning the backstory of the Wizard. When he showed up in the first book I had no idea if we could trust him or not. After reading this book turns out I still don't, but at least now I can understand his actions. I love how Danielle Paige builds the characters' stories, making their decisions justifiable, it makes them more real to me. And the Wizard was an especially mysterious character that I needed to learn more about. Now I can't wait to get my hands on The Wicked Will Rise and get back to Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment