Jul 21, 2012

Unpack This [July 16 - July 22]

Unpack This is a meme I started instead of my usual IMM. It was inspired by my love to open boxes, yes I love doing that.

These are all the books I got. Switshed, Angel and Hollow Pike are used and I got the from awesomebooks.com, while Born Wicked is new and I got it from thebookdepository.co.uk and has one of thr most beautiful covers I've seen.

I haven't read that many angel series, probably Ethereal is the only one and I am reading it right now, and I heard that L.A.Weatherly's Angel series is one of the best of the kind so I had to get it.
As for Switched I have been curious about the series for a long time now, even back when it was self-published. I really wanted to get the version with the red cover and the girl sitting in the middle of a poppy field, or whatever field that was, but I found this one used and when it arrived I fell in love with the cover. So pretty.

I know not many people have heard of Hollow Pike and I will tell you if it's a shame once I actually read the book, but I was immediately drawn to it. For as long as I can remember I see dreams that someone is hunting me and is trying to kill me (they never did) so I was really curious to get this one, since the main character has the same dreams too.
Finally, Born Wicked. What can I say about this one. Firstly the cover is a love at first sight. I read so many good reviews about this book that I had to have it. And of course it's about witched one of my favorite paranormal themes.


That's all I got this week.
What did you get to Upack?

6 comments:

  1. You got a lot of good books this week. I can't wait to get my hands on Born Wicked and Angel. Happy reading!

    Stacking the Shelves
    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Born Wicked, Angel, and Switched but haven't had the chance to read them yet! :) Great haul you have!

    Janina
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Switched and all Amanda Hocking's books. I am really curious about Born Wicked. I love witches. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh those are some great books! I really want to read born wicked :)

    happy reading!

    Here's my weekly post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul this week Veronica. Can't wait to see what you think of Angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got so many pretty books this week! I am now needing to check out Angel series. There aren't that many awesome Angel read out there, and now you have peaked my interest! I'm also extremely curious now about Hollow Pike! More books to the TBR :) I hope you enjoy all the books you got this week. Thanks for stopping by!

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter"

    ReplyDelete