Feb 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #1

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

I decided to start posting a few more memes and this is one of them.

So here's what I am waiting.

Katana by Cole Gibsen
Pub Date: March 8th 2012

Rileigh Martin would love to believe that adrenaline had given her the uncanny courage and strength to fend off three muggers. But it doesn't explain her dreams of 15th-century Japan, the incredible fighting skills she suddenly possesses, or the strange voice giving her battle tips and danger warnings. 

While worrying that she's going crazy (always a reputation ruiner), Rileigh gets a visit from Kim, a handsome martial arts instructor, who tells Rileigh she's harboring the spirit of a five-hundred-year-old samurai warrior. 

Relentlessly attacked by ninjas, Rileigh has no choice but to master the katana--a deadly Japanese sword that's also the key to her past. As the spirit grows stronger and her feelings for Kim intensify, Rileigh is torn between continuing as the girl she's always been and embracing the warrior inside her.

***

I love everything Japanese so of course I am desperately waiting for Katana to be released. I was really glad to receive  a netgalley of the book, which I will be starting soon!

So what are you waiting this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. An imteresting pick. I like the big old sword on the cover. A japanese flavor book would be nice for a change and at least the wait isn't too long right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I requested this one on NetGalley, hopefully I get it. Your blog is sooo pretty. Hi! We’re Goodreads friends but not blogger friends yet. I just followed your blog, would love it you could please follow me back via GFC at:
    Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me. I followed you back, I love your sparkly background. I hope you get the book too :)

      Delete